I spend a great deal of time doing research on a presidential candidate before I make up my mind if I will support them or not. I am neither a democrat or a republican, although I tend to lean more democrat than anything else. But I do not consider myself a member of either or any political party. The way I approach candidates for the presidency is like you might approach someone you are hiring for a job. I don’t care if they are black, white, yellow, purple, male, female, neutered or from the planet Mars. If they are capable of doing the job and not fucking up the country any worse than it already is, they are probably going to get my support. I never have understood the reasons behind why we have all these different parties. In my opinion it does more to fragment and destroy our country than anything else, simply because nobody agrees with anybody, there is constant arguing, fighting, finger pointing, etc. It’s amazing anything ever gets done! Needless to say I have been keeping my eye on the candidates for president and I have finally made my choice.
Why? Well here’s why…
- He is a Christian, a baptist. He serves as an associate minister at a church in Atlanta, which he joined at the age of 10. He feels that it is God’s will that he run for president.
- He is not a career politician. He has never held any form of political office. This appeals to me because of my belief that anyone who IS a politician is nothing more than a lying, stealing, backstabbing piece of crap! I voted for Ross Perot for the same reasons, I feel the country would be better off being run as a business rather than by some two faced political asshole who is only out to put his name in the history books.
- He has a keen intellect. A Bachelors degree in Mathematics, a Master’s degree in Computer Science, worked as a mathematician for the Navy dealing with missile ballistics (ie. a rocket scientist), was a computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola and was vice-president of corporate data systems for Pillsbury. All of these he achieved before reaching the age of 35.
- He was advisor to the Federal Reserve System, he knows how policies regarding the monetary system work. He also worked as Chairman of the Board for the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank.
- He is a creative intellect. He has written several books and has been a public speaker on many occasions, including a radio show host on WSB in Atlanta.
- He started from rock bottom. His father was a chauffeur and his mother a maid. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth.