So there has been a great deal of talk about legalizing marijuana lately and I personally believe this would be a catastrophic disaster if it is legalized. This generation wants nothing more than to feel good all of the time, they want an escape from the problems of daily life. I am not even going to go into the fact that most members of the current generation do not believe in God and chastise the thought of there being a God. Smoking pot is not a solution to anything, it is an illusion which covers up psychological and/or physiological problems. In the end it only does more damage. Let’s look at the health effects from smoking marijuana even for a short time.
- Impaired judgment and motor coordination
- Shortened attention span and distractibility
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Increased heart rate
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Increased risk for schizophrenia in vulnerable individuals
- Impaired judgment
- Problems with memory and learning
- Lowered motivation
- Decreased alertness and coordination
- Withdrawal symptoms from stopping drug use (in a chronic user): irritability, sleeplessness, anxiety, impaired appetite, and aggression.
So in the end, legalizing marijuana would not only place an un-needed strain on an already overloaded health care system, but would result in lobotomizing those who use it. If you don’t know what lobotomize means, then you need to start doing your homework. In closing, legalizing this substance would only result in Americans becoming mindless idiots – and you know we already get owned in the face by latinos who work harder than Americans do, the same can be said of almost every other nation in the world. Americans don’t need another crutch to push us farther down the list of civilized nations. With the way our schools are now, just imagine legalized pot, you think it’s bad now – it would be a disaster of epic proportions to legalize this crap.
Say NO to legalizing marijuana!